UltraStar 0.4.2 for download

Neuigkeiten und allgemeine Fragen zu UltraStar hier.

Moderator: US-Team

UltraStar 0.4.2 for download

Beitragvon Corvus5 » 29.08.2006, 21:22

Corvus5
Sternchen

Beitragvon Spearedge » 29.08.2006, 22:10

Nice, memory usage has dropped quite a lot and if Im not mistaken it seems as if loading times has done so aswell.

Still the old bug from the last version remains. I still cannot see the play icon. And I cannot see the five when I wan to choose number of players.

seems cool to play six persons. Is this at the same time ?? (I dont think I'll be able to test wheter it is or not since I dont got enough soundcards.=))
Spearedge
Beginner

Beitragvon Bigtaifun » 29.08.2006, 22:13

Hi Corvus5,

nowa wersja patrzy dobry. będę próbować to w następnego dnia.

Wdzięczności

:D
Bigtaifun
Möchtegern

Beitragvon Corvus5 » 29.08.2006, 22:40

Spearedge hat geschrieben:Nice, memory usage has dropped quite a lot and if Im not mistaken it seems as if loading times has done so aswell.

You can compare it using the -bechmark parameter from the commandline. I haven't done it.

Spearedge hat geschrieben:Still the old bug from the last version remains. I still cannot see the play icon. And I cannot see the five when I wan to choose number of players.

I fought I have fixed this bug. I had it some time ago. 5 players are not available. 6 players mode was made for the DojiCON and it worked very good. When we had to take away one microphone, simply 5 players were singing and the 6th player was always getting 0 point.

Spearedge hat geschrieben:seems cool to play six persons. Is this at the same time ?? (I dont think I'll be able to test wheter it is or not since I dont got enough soundcards.=))

Yes, take a look: http://corvus.elsat.net.pl/dojicon6/target5.html
Unfortunatly I haven't taken any photo of all converters plugged into one PC.

Bigtaifun hat geschrieben:Hi Corvus5,

nowa wersja patrzy dobry. będę próbować to w następnego dnia.

OK :)
Corvus5
Sternchen

Beitragvon BlindGuard » 29.08.2006, 23:58

Hi!

Great work!

I have tested a little bit around and loaded my whole collection. Here the results:

--> Loading Screens: 55,812 seconds
    Initializing 3D: 57,015 seconds
    --> Bass Init: 0,172 seconds
    --> Loading Sounds: 0,063 seconds
    Initializing Sound: 0,25 seconds
    Loading Time: 58,031 seconds

Memory Use: 719.756 K

--> Loading Screens: 49,5 seconds
    Initializing 3D: 50,172 seconds
    --> Bass Init: 0,172 seconds
    --> Loading Sounds: 0,016 seconds
    Initializing Sound: 0,203 seconds
    Loading Time: 51,062 seconds

Memory Use: 465.288 K

So it uses less memory and loads a little bit faster the covers/songs...

Maybe you could make my wish true and implement a new Sorting System. The system of the Gecco-Mod was (in my opinion) really great. So maybe you could implement 2 things:

- If there are #EDITION - Tags, you sort after them (if you have selected the Edition-sorting). Please implement, that you recognize multiple editions. So that I could make a song in the [oldies] edition and additional in the [SingStar 80's] Edition.
    - If there are NO Edition Tags, then go after the directory structure (or make it an AND, so that it recognizes Editions as Tags AND Directorys).

Additionally a little optimisation to the editions. Maybe you could recognize all non-edition Songs with the normal alphabet rule. And not just an [unkown] folder.

So "maybe" you have seen, that I really like the edition function. But I dont's think, that it is perfect... This Tag system is rather uncomfartably... :-(

other things, that has been "requested" in the Forum:
    - #AUTHOR and #VERSION Tag, with a litte note under the SongName in the Selection-Screen.
    - a little mark, if a Song has got a video or not. Maybe a note under the SongName or a little picture overlayed at an edge of the cover (maybe a little transparent camera or something like that).
    - a random function. Maybe the "Tab" Button, and it randomly selects a song.

Maybe you could realize something of this points (PLEEEAAASEEEE!!! ;-))

So long,
BlindGuard
Keep up the good work!
BlindGuard
Site Admin

Beitragvon Goddy7777 » 30.08.2006, 07:07

:) Super ! diese version gefällt mir total gut !! es geht auch viel schneller mit dem laden auf einma :) danke für den link ;)

Gruß,
Goddy
Bild
Goddy7777
Star

Beitragvon maximus2812 » 30.08.2006, 22:07

Ich weiß nicht, ob hier der richtige Bereich für mine Frage ist, doch ich würde gerne wissen, wie die Sortierung nach "#EDITION" funktioniert bzw. wonach sortiert wird.
maximus2812
Star

Beitragvon D0nny » 30.08.2006, 22:57

BlindGuard hat geschrieben:
    - If there are #EDITION - Tags, you sort after them (if you have selected the Edition-sorting). Please implement, that you recognize multiple editions. So that I could make a song in the [oldies] edition and additional in the [SingStar 80's] Edition.
    - If there are NO Edition Tags, then go after the directory structure (or make it an AND, so that it recognizes Editions as Tags AND Directorys).

wenn ich das mit meinem schulenglisch richtig verstehe müsste es deine frage beantworten :)
mfg
D0nny
US-Team

Beitragvon kunde » 30.08.2006, 23:50

new version - better version, but i still miss a better sorting system and player profiles or the possibillity to type in the player names before starting a session.
Perfectly would be: Choosing "Sing" -> A new screen, where you can choose the number of players -> New Screen to type in the player names

ja, es geht mal wieder ein stück voran - mir fehlt nur noch eine bessere sortierung/auswahl der lieder und die möglichkeit profile zu erstellen bzw. vor dem singen jedem spieler einen namen zu geben.
Zuletzt geändert von kunde am 31.08.2006, 00:17, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Haut rein.
kunde
SuperStar

Beitragvon MegaStar » 30.08.2006, 23:50

Yo THX!
Here are 2 Tools that can you help to keep your songs clean:
USEDIT: http://safeurl.de/?http://rapidshare.de/files/30767598/USSEdit.zip.html
With USEDIT you can download Cover and Background files direkt in the Programm.

Gecco-Renamer: http://safeurl.de/?http://rapidshare.de/files/27430506/GeccoRenamer.zip.html
You need for this Programm NET-Framework 2.0.
This Programm change the dir Informations, TXT Files and the names of the files areat the end the same.
It makes possible that US and US Gecco can load your songs niot only one of thism Programms:

Greetings MegaStar
Zuletzt geändert von MegaStar am 31.08.2006, 07:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
MegaStar
Amateur

Beitragvon BlindGuard » 30.08.2006, 23:57

OK, jetzt mal an alle, Corvus hat in Englisch angefangen. Postet bitte in Englisch (vorschläge per Edit Funktion bitte übersetzen)

Alle anderen Fragen oder sonst was gehören hier nicht rein. Macht einen Thread auf. Von mir aus "US 0.42 Probleme" oder sonst was...
Also löscht eure Beiträge und macht neue Threads auf.

Danke,
BG
BlindGuard
Site Admin

Beitragvon _H_o_L_E_ » 31.08.2006, 00:31

ähm, nur so ne anmerkung, corvus hat in deutsch angefangen *duck* :)
_H_o_L_E_
Sternchen

Beitragvon BlindGuard » 31.08.2006, 00:45

DAmn!

Egal.. aber Deutsch versteht er wohl nicht... also machts ihm doch bitte einfacher und postet in Englisch, wenn's an ihn gerichtet ist.

Und alles andere gehört ihr trotzdem nicht rein :-P
BlindGuard
Site Admin

Beitragvon Goddy7777 » 31.08.2006, 14:39

in der version 0.4.2 gibts ja jetzt ne highscore.. kann man das irgendwie einstellen das maan da auch namen geben kann? ich finds nich so toll das da dann immer player1 steht 8)
Bild
Goddy7777
Star

Beitragvon Corvus5 » 31.08.2006, 14:54

BlindGuard hat geschrieben:Hi!
Great work!

--> Loading Screens: 55,812 seconds
    Memory Use: 719.756 K

--> Loading Screens: 49,5 seconds
    Memory Use: 465.288 K

I know 0.4.0 was the first version with benchmark but there is no need to compare it too. I see you have many cover. How you graphics card can support all of them? Don't you have any slowdowns? Almost 512MB of memory? :roll:

Use #EDITION and #GENRE.

BlindGuard hat geschrieben:Additionally a little optimisation to the editions. Maybe you could recognize all non-edition Songs with the normal alphabet rule. And not just an [unkown] folder.

I think it's better to make the external song manage do it like the one posted here and there.

BlindGuard hat geschrieben:So "maybe" you have seen, that I really like the edition function. But I dont's think, that it is perfect... This Tag system is rather uncomfartably... :-(

I don't get it ;)

BlindGuard hat geschrieben:other things, that has been "requested" in the Forum:
    - #AUTHOR and #VERSION Tag, with a litte note under the SongName in the Selection-Screen.

There is #CREATOR tag. It's possible to use any tag you want. Only game won't use it. I had

- a little mark, if a Song has got a video or not. Maybe a note under the SongName or a little picture overlayed at an edge of the cover (maybe a little transparent camera or something like that).

It can be done automaticly in the game and I thought about little rectangles with the name (like video, karaoke version...) that will light on when song has it.

BlindGuard hat geschrieben:Maybe you could realize something of this points (PLEEEAAASEEEE!!! ;-))

I have written Edition Covers support and posted sample screen on the polish forum.

BlindGuard hat geschrieben:So long,
BlindGuard
Keep up the good work!

As long as there is any reason to use my old version ;)
Corvus5
Sternchen

Nächste

Zurück zu UltraStar - News & Allgemeines